Monday, June 23, 2014

Media log: day 1

I am starting to notice my compulsive behaviors with my smartphone- and I don't like it. I check my phone immediately when I wake up, and right after I get back from taking the dog for a walk- right away it's email and facebook. At the moment, since I'm apartment hunting, i'm also on craigslist first thing. I'm also checking imgur and tumblr early in the morning and then on throughout the day. I tend to be on the web for long stretches; it's never a quick check of the weather, or one quick article, it's 2 to 3 hours on different websites.

I also watch TV with every meal- a bad habit I'd like to get rid of. I'm starting to notice all kinds of bad habits.

Some good habits are in there too, though. I read the paper almost every day and I'm reading every night before bed. I'm trying to read more- once my work schedule calms down, I think I'll be able to. I listen to the radio for music and news: less screen time! 

My media usage has definitely gone up since I got a smartphone in January, and I want to rid myself of my compulsive need to check email and facebook when I wake up. I don't like it that I'm on a screen right away in the morning; I'm going to find a better way to start the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment